Left with Few months to attain adulthood and yet it feels like I’m clocking 50. Adulthood indeed is draining! So much to think about, so many things to organize, and a never-ending list of objectives to accomplish.
When you make a mistake as an Adolesent, no one blames you because they believe, it’s “puberty”, you’ll definitely grow up some day.
But being an adult is plagued with a lot of responsibilities. The least mistake you make, triggers the ‘whole World’ to come crawling and throwing blames at you because, “You are an adult, you should have known or done better”.
Adulthood is not only draining; it is also annoying . From one issue to another, all hopes are held high on you. A mistake shouldn’t be part of your dictionary; everyone expects you to be perfect like a role model, especially to your younger ones.
From thinking about getting a job, to thinking about taking your independence, solving family problems, falling in love, getting married, to having kids, Ewww!!! It’s so boring and strict. Adulthood is really draining!
Right now, I get everything that I want. If I want something, my parents find a way to get for me. I don’t really know what’s going to happen to me in some few months to come when I officially become and adult. I’ll have to start striving for my self. 😓
I’m not depressed, I’m just thinking.
Thinking about how draining adulthood can be including the responsibilities, OMG!! I often wonder how adults cope with such a life.
Nevertheless I’ll soon be there. Wish me luck guys! And for those that still have a long way to get there, make the most out of your adolescence.
Note: in Cameroon, my country of origin and residence, adulthood is 21years. This is as opposed to other countries where the age of adulthood is 18years or 16years exceptionally.
- Adult life
- 5 Evidence Why Adulting is HardMany young people find it hard to grow up because they fear it instead of looking forward to it. Many young adults have trouble reaching developmental milestones or dealing with mental health problems like depression, anxiety, anorexia, or drug abuse. This is not surprising. At the moment, young adults have to deal with the following big problems:
- 10 Tips for Having a Happier & Less Stressful Life as an AdultThe transition to adulthood is not easy. It’s filled with difficult decisions, stress, and uncertainty. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Here are 10 tips for having a happier and less stressful life as an adult.
- Where do Adults get money from?Most often, I take a look at adults and I feel a sense of “Pity”, they basically have to provide … More
- 5 Effective ways to stop Drug Addiction: No 1 will shock you.Are you struggling with drug addiction? Do you know anyone struggling with drug addiction? Are you interested in helping people suffering from drug addiction? Do you want to stop being a drug addict? Then continue reading to know more.
- Adulthood is Draining, Enjoy your Adolesence!Left with Few months to attain adulthood and yet it feels like I’m clocking 50years. Adulthood indeed is draining! So much to think about, so many things to organize, and a never-ending list of objectives to accomplish.
- Religious Bankruptcy: A Redefinition of FaithI keep poundering in my mind asking myself, what if we all are actually serving thesame Creator ? What if what is tearing us apart is Historical Narration?
- Are you Happy? (Depression)Nowadays depression is like a wildfire that burns across the earth and hits the maximum number of victims it can.
- A word to an Addict….Sobriety is not an illusion, it is real. And you can attain it. Just don’t give up! We believe in you.
- Will being rich make me happy?I have no patience for those who say poverty is a blessing. poverty is the greatest curse on earth!!!
- Poverty is just a State of Mind!When certain individuals talk about being “poor”, you look at them and know it’s an insult to people living in actual poverty. How can someone have a job, a place to sleep, food to eat, water to drink and even some little extra cash saved, yet they say, they are “poor”? That’s a typical insult to people who don’t have food, nor water, nor shelter. Infact, it is offensive!
- How to Effectively Manage Your FinancesFrom a very young age, it’s very important to learn how to manage your finances. Money upholds an important role … More
- Broke Mentality: Being Broke is a State of MindEveryone has their own definition of wealth. For some, it might be a 7-figure net worth, while for others having a roof over their heads is all they need.
- Bad opinionsYou can probably find an opinion on any topic you search for. Everyone has an opinion on everything. Opinions are … More
- 10 CHARACTERISTICS OF A MENTALLY STRONG PERSONARTICLE BY – SHREYA SINHA BLOG – BLOG WITH SHREYA 10 Characteristics of a Mentally Strong Person We all face … More
- The Impact of Covid-19 on Good HygieneWhen I was little, it was well known that we had to wash our hands before and after meals inorder to kill germs. This is because germs were believed to be carried in our hands. But nowadays, we are advised to wash our hands as often as Possible, to eleminate /get rid of the covid-19 virus.
- The family grows BiggerHello guys! I’m available on Instagram and most social media platforms as @unlockingadulthood. Please install the application and follow me … More
- Karma is a B*tch!!Karma is a b*tch
- What a wicked World: Check how innocent people contract HIV/AIDSNot every handsome guy or beautiful girl is worth having sex with. Some people just want to destroy your life especially as theirs has been destroyed.
- They told me I have such potential so why am I growing so slowly?They told me I have such potential so why am I growing so slowly?
I’m laughing because its the truth
LikeLiked by 1 person
It is indeed hilarious despite the fact that it’s a blunt truth 😓
Adulthood is draining. Stay a kid as long as you can. I’m entering the other side of life. Nobody blames me for stuff these days. I’m a senior citizen, so all of my bad decisions can be blamed on dementia. It is very liberating.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Wow that’s an advantage you got there friend ☺️
LikeLiked by 1 person